Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Caught a Bug

Project ADD, I promise its a real disease with doctors and medicine. The problem is I have no clue where to find these doctors, so the only way that I cope is to dream up something new. That exactly what I have done. The motorcycle idea wasn't going anywhere. When it comes to me and bikes I have to have the newest most powerful thing out there. Call me a snob or spoiled but I have particular taste. So if I were to accommodate these needs, well I would die a bachelor.  Combine this unfortunate revelation and the fact that my truck practically swallows the gas pump handle when I got to fill up every five days I needed to find a better solution when next summer rolls around and I will be on the road again. Before I elaborate on what exactly my solution could be I must inform you that I face a certain amount of persecution about my endless plans for these random projects. Mainly from my Dad, and I do not blame him for his skepticism. Its like the boy who cried wolf; every time he would bring up a question about the most recent project I informed him about, I would have already moved on to another project idea. Needless to say, that while talking with him about this idea and finding out that not only did he approve but supports me in my dreaming, has made me very excited. 

The Project: 1969 Volkswagen Beetle

Random? Yeah I know, but hear me out. I need a small commuter car that gets good gas mileage, and that i can a reasonable amount of fun with while still maintaining a certain amount of originality. This car fits all three of my criteria.  And I mean look at it, its sexy!


I really do not know where the idea came from. The thing I do remember is that I was in Albuquerque visiting my family when I seriously started to consider it as a project idea. I brought it up with my Dad and he was excited about it. He has always love these cars. He told me a great story about him and his best friend back in high school having their way with these two girls VW Bugs. And that right there was a great sign to me. If my Dad can have fun in this car, so could I. We had a long talk about how there are so many part companies out there that these cars are pretty much the cheapest to restore and maintain. That put the project in my price range.  So we will see how school goes and what my job situation is after my jaw surgery but hopefully this one gets started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment