Thursday, June 30, 2011

Inspiration

G-Man got one, I want on too. Its sad when I am jealous of my four year old nephew. But the kid is a stud so there is a lot to be green over. Speaking of green, that's the color of my new ride. After building Gavin's bike, I decided that a year and a half after my bike got stolen it was time to replace it. I was lucky enough to have a enabler to help me get a new bike.

Before I even started looking at bikes I already knew I wanted one of two brands, Kona or Jamis. I have always drooled over these bikes as I went to Blaine's Cycle back in the day. So if I was getting one I had to go with my dream. KSL had always treated me well when looking for items to buy or sell so it was my first place to look. 

Posted less that twelve hours prior was a Green Kona Dawgma, a great cross country bike. It was for sale for just over half its original value. A great deal, and after many painful emails between me and the owner we finally settled on time that I could drive all the way up to Ogden to look at it. 

Getting this bike has been a Journey for sure. Getting work off was a pain, driving up there was a pain and finding a branch for my bank was a pain. But it all worked out in the end. I got the bike. a 2008 Kona Dawgma was mine. The bike works great for the most part, obviously there are a few things that come with a three year old well ridden bike but I am happy none the less.

I think this is going to be the new focus of my blog, I am going to start writing about all my trips. This weekend is a short trip to Mapleton Horse Trails. Hopefully its a good ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment